The Best Sfouf Recipe!
This is the best Sfouf recipe ever!
I’ve been trying to get the perfect sfouf for some time now, almost all the recipes I tried came out not so good. Some recipes use all-purpose flour alone, some use semolina, others use a mix of both. With butter rather than oil, with milk and many other combinations.
So here’s my own combination that came out to be a recipe truly to die for.
Try it out and let me know your feedback.
- o 2 – 3 cups boiling water
- o 2 tablespoons aniseed
- o 2 cups Ferkha flour (some call it very fine semolina)
- o 2 cups all-purpose flour
- o 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- o 2 tablespoons baking powder
- o 1 1/4 cups sugar
- o 1 cup vegetable oil
- o 2 tablespoons Tahina (for the pan) or baking paper
- o Sesame Seeds for the decoration
- 1. Add the aniseeds to the water and boil for 5 minutes. Keep aside for another five minutes then strain.
- 2. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- 3. Mix the ferkha flour, all-purpose flour, turmeric powder, sugar and baking powder.
- 4. Add oil and anis water to the dry ingredients, then mix well. Add more water if needed. The batter should not be too thick. Rather sticky and soft.
- 5. Cover the bottom and sides of your pan with tahina, so the batter won’t stick on it; or use baking paper.
- 6. Decorate with sesame seeds.
- 7. Bake for 30 - 40 min (depending on your oven), or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8. Cool.
- 9. Cut into square. You’ll get fluffy and mouthwatering sfouf.
- Store in an airtight container, or else the sfouf will dry out.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.