Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon yeast
- 5 large eggs
- Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 100g Butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk until hot. Then add to it the butter & sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the eggs with the lemon zest.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; add a bit of sugar to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Make a hole in the center of the flour.
- Add the eggs and the milk mixture to the flour then the activated yeast.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic (slightly elastic).
- Cover the dough and set in a warm place for 3 - 4 hours (or overnight).
- Shape the dough: take a large piece of the dough, flatten and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon; then roll. Cut into pieces (size as per your liking).
- Rest for 20 minutes and bake.
- Prepare the icing: heat the butter until it starts to brown, add it to the icing sugar and stir. Finally add the milk and mix well.
- Drizzle the icing over the rolls immediately.
- Best served warm. For next day consumption, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds!
- You can use the same dough to prepare brioche-like bread (with chocolate chips, raisins etc..)
Strawberry Blu http://strawberryblu.com/
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.