If you’re planning a barbecue gathering for the weekend add “Corn on the Cob” to your menu list.
It’s simple, easy and delicious.
Place them naked on the charcoal grill and flip on each side until all sides are cooked well.
Don’t overcook, so you can feel the juices squeezing out.
I love to serve them with a dressing of lemon, oil, salt and fresh chopped coriander. Just delicious
Let me know how it goes.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon yeast
- 5 large eggs
- Lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 100g Butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk until hot. Then add to it the butter & sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix the eggs with the lemon zest.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup warm water; add a bit of sugar to activate the yeast.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Make a hole in the center of the flour.
- Add the eggs and the milk mixture to the flour then the activated yeast.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic (slightly elastic).
- Cover the dough and set in a warm place for 3 - 4 hours (or overnight).
- Shape the dough: take a large piece of the dough, flatten and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon; then roll. Cut into pieces (size as per your liking).
- Rest for 20 minutes and bake.
- Prepare the icing: heat the butter until it starts to brown, add it to the icing sugar and stir. Finally add the milk and mix well.
- Drizzle the icing over the rolls immediately.
- Best served warm. For next day consumption, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds!
- You can use the same dough to prepare brioche-like bread (with chocolate chips, raisins etc..)
An easy and quick homemade jam to make this season!
It famous in Lebanon with roasted sesame seeds. It makes a wonderful treat with bicuits or arabic bread and butter Sometimes served topped with walnuts.
Have you ever tried preparing itat home? |Share with us your thoughts!
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious treat for Valentine’s then look no further.
I got you covered!
Yesterday I tried the Pound Cake Mix from Domo Lebanon. It took 5 minutes to prepare and the smell was simply mouthwatering. I just can’t wait for tomorrow to cut it with my loved ones
May all your days be filled with love and happiness!
Love you all…
Well this recipe can’t get easier!
I tried last week the recipe posted on Al Wadi Al Akhdar Website and it turned excellent! So I went and did another batch yesterday.
I also tried the homemade marzipan recipe at home!I got it from a baking recipe book I’ve bought a couple of years ago.
It was super easy and delicious.
I’ll post how I’ll cover the cake with marzipan and icing soon, as I can’t do it now. I’ve to wait 4 weeks!!!