It’s the time of year to experiment with Pumpkins!! What shall we do?
I’ve tried a couple of recipes from pumpkin cake, bread and pie. I can say this was the best so I’ll share it with you
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Makes 14 Piece Pie
- 500g Sable Dough (for a 14 piece Tart)
- 600g Pumpkin Puree (Boiled Pumpkin Cubes then mashed)
- 1 ¾ cups Liquid Fresh Cream
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 lemon zest
3- Cream Cheese Topping
- 150g Cream Cheese (I like Kiri Cream Cheese)
- 150ml Whipping Cream
- 4 Tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla (liquid)
1- Prepare the dough or purchase a frozen sable dough
2- For the stuffing:
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, boil and mash (smooth semi thick texture). Cool
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and add to them the sugar, salt, spices and lemon zest.
- Add the mashed pumpkin to the eggs and stir with a spoon.
- Finally add to them the liquid cream until you get a homogenous liquid mixture.
3- Fill the pie:
- Spread the pie in the tart pan and pour on top the filling
- Bake at medium heat for 40 – 50 minutes (when you pick with a toothpick it’ll come out clean)
- Keep aside to cool
4- For the cream topping:
- Whisk the cream until it becomes whipped and fluffy. Add gradually the cream cheese then the sugar and finally the vanilla.Whisk until you get custard-like mixture. (don’t whisk too much or else the cream will split).